After several months of being accused of avoiding a fight with Valentina Shevchenko, Nicco Montano was finally scheduled to defend her UFC title. That fight which was scheduled for this saturday will not happen after Montano was pulled from the fight due to weight cutting issues. Once that was announced the focus shifted to whether Montano would be stripped of the title or not as she hasn’t fought since last year when she won the title by defeating Roxanne Modaferri by decision in December. Dana White Answered that question when interview by Megan Olivi today.
This cleared things up pretty quickly now the question is who will Shevchenko fight for the Title? Here are my suggestions
- Katelyn Chookagian – Chookagian is 4-1 in the UFC and currently on a 3 fight win streak, her wins include Alexis Davis, Irene Aldana and Lauren Murphy.
- Roxanne Modaferri – Roxanne lost her fight for the title back in December against Montano but rebounded with a second round KO of Barb Honchak in July.
- Jessica Eye – Eye is on a 2 fight win streak, and has been very vocal about deserving a title shot.
- Andrea Lee – Lee is 1-0 in the UFC and is the former Legacy Fighting Alliance Champion.
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk – The former Strawweight Champion defended that belt 5 times before losing her belt to Rose Namajunas, However Joanna went on the defeat Tecia Torres in July. Joanna has recently flirted with the possibility of moving up to 125 pounds and now seems like the perfect time to do so.